Sunday 30th June 2019
Carnival Sunday is a much-loved tradition with activities for everyone; previous years’ events have included stalls, workshops, street entertainers, music… anything can happen!
Mae Carnifal y Sul yn draddodiad poblogaidd gyda gweithgareddau i bawb; yn y gorffennol gwelwyd stondinau, gweithdai, adloniant stryd, cerddoriaeth... rhywbeth at ddant pawb!
- Videos of previous carnivals can be found on our YouTube channel.
- Photos of previous carnivals can be found on our photo gallery.
- You can also follow us on Twitter.
Monmouth Carnival 2019 will take place on 30th June. Unlike that past two years, this year’s procession will begin at 2pm from Priory street, travel down Monnow Street, along Blestium Street and finish in Chippenham Fields.
On Chippenham Fields, after the procession there will be some entertainment on stage with a number of stalls in the area.
Road closure information
On 30th June Priory Street and Agincourt Square will be closed from 11.30am and reopen at 3pm. Monnow Street and Blestium Street will be closed from 12.30pm and reopen at 3pm.
General enquiries: Anthea Dewhurst
Stalls enquiries: Emma Warmington-Gardner
Procession information and rules
Click here to register your entry online.
Participation is free, but registration is compulsory. You may register with us at St Mary's Priory on the day, however, this form allows us to make better preparations.
- We are no longer accepting manned floats in the parade.
Unmanned decorated vehicles are still allowed.
- All vehicles must be road legal.
- Please remember to bring your vehicle insurance with you.
- The carnival shall start at Priory Street and end at Chippenham Playing Fields.
Registration 12pm to 1pm,
Preliminary judging 1.15pm - 1.45pm,
Parade starts from Priory Street - 2pm,
Final judging - 2.30pm - 3pm,
Prizes awarded 3pm approx - Chippenham Playing Fields.
- Please do not collect money for your group during the parade.
- You are welcome to distribute publicity.
- Prepare and assemble at St Mary's Priory.
- Please come to receive your number disc at the stall in St Mary's Churchyard, even if you have already registered in advance.