IMPORTANT: There are a few changes to this year’s carnival procession. Please read below for details.
- The date of this year’s carnival is 2nd July.
- For this year, we are no longer accepting manned floats in the parade. If you wish to enter an unmanned decorated vehicle, please choose “class B”.
- For this year, the carnival shall start at Monnow Bridge and end at Priory Street.
- Participation if free, but registration is compulsory. You may register with us on Monnow Street on the day, however, this form allows us to make better preparations.
- Please do not collect money for your group during the parade.
You are welcome to distribute publicity!
- Riders, to mount vehicles only once at Monnow Bridge.
- Walkers, prepare and assemble at Monnow Bridge.
- Everyone, please come to receive your number disc at Monnow Bridge, even if you have already registered online.
- Registration noon to 1 pm,
Judging 1:15 pm – 1:45 pm.
- Whole Parade starts from Monnow Bridge – 2 pm
- Prizes awarded 2:50 pm approx – Shire Hall stage.
- Enquires: Contact Us.
|A||Best Vintage Vehicle||The John Blake Shield|
|B||Decorated vehicles (unmanned)||Monmouth Carnival winner’s plate|
|C||Interesting vehicles||Monmouth Carnival winner’s plate|
|D||Walkers (dancing entry)||Monmouth Carnival winner’s plate|
|E||Walkers (group)||Monmouth Carnival winner’s plate|
|E||Walkers (individual)||Monmouth Carnival winner’s plate|
|F||Walkers (this year’s theme)||Winner’s cup and Monmouth Carnival winner’s plate|